What are Nano Brows?
Enhance the look of your natural eyebrows with machine nano brows. Here’s everything you need to know about this semi-permanent procedure.
Our eyebrows are important
Eyebrows shape your face and accentuate your eyes and forehead. They also play a significant role in communicating and relaying our emotions- surprise, joy, anger, and even love.
Machine Nano Brows are the newest addition to the permanent brow makeup game. They are strikingly similar to microblading and nanoblading, with one distinct difference and a few special perks. This complete guide explores everything you need to know about Machine Nano Brows.
What are Nano Brows?
Nano brows (AKA Machine Nano Brows) bear a striking resemblance to the hairstroke-like effect achieved with Microblading, but they employ a gentler machine-based technique, operating in a shallower skin layer. The versatility of nano brows is truly impressive, catering to a wide range of skin types, making them an appealing choice for those with thin, sensitive, or excessively oily skin.
Are Machine Nano Brows Better Than Microblading?Machine Nano Brows are better for some people, based on their skin conditions, but the naked eye wouldn’t see a difference between microblading and machine nano brows. The difference rests in the machine used that make nano brows better for thin, oily and sensitive skin.
OK, What Makes Nano Brows Different?The machine tool used for nano brows allows the artist to create a hyper-realistic hairstroke that doesn’t go as deep as a handheld tool used for microblading and nanoblading. The resulting difference is that machine nano brows allow permanent brow treatments for those with thin, oily or sensitive skin…skin types that may have been turned down for microblading in the past.
5 Benefits of Nano Brows
Are you tired of spending precious time every morning perfecting your eyebrows?
Say goodbye to the hassle and say hello to flawless brows with these life-changing nano brow benefits!
- Creates a perfect shape, easy to maintain.
- Fills gaps in the natural brow, creating a full-looking brow.
- Saves time every day, no more applying makeup to your brow.
- Creates a more youthful appearance.
- Machine nano brows, because they are created at a shallower skin depth, tend to fade quicker. This allows for refreshes every 1-2 years vs. the longer 3–5-year period with traditional microblading.
Who Should Get Nano Brows?
Machine Nano Brows are a solution for people of all ages and skin types.
It is also great as a treatment before or after chemotherapy. Some people do not grow their brows back after chemotherapy. Having the machine nano brow procedure performed before chemo establishes a brow shape that will remain with the resulting loss of hair.
You should always schedule a consultation prior to your appointment. Many cosmetic tattoo studios can complete a consultation by phone with images shared via text or facetime.
Here are some reasons why you may not be a candidate for nano brows:
- Previously tattooed brows will always require consultation.
There are a few temporary skin conditions that can prohibit an artist from performing nano brows until after healing:
- Active acne spots in the brow area.
- Unhealed cuts or wounds in the brow area.
- Active eczema in the brow area.
- Sunburn or excessively flaky, dry skin
How Long is a Nano Brow Appointment?
Machine nano brows take longer to complete than traditional microblading or nanoblading. Expect to be in the treatment chair for about 3 hours at your initial appointment and another 1-2 hours at your touchup.
How to Prepare for Nano Brows
Proper preparation is key to achieving the best results from your permanent makeup appointment.
Preparing for brow microblading is essential because it can help prevent complications or issues during the procedure.
Proper preparation also ensures your eyebrows are in optimal condition, which leads to a longer-lasting outcome.
Prepare for your treatment with these simple steps:
- No sauna or tanning 1 week prior
- You cannot be pregnant or breastfeeding
- No alcohol 24 hours prior
- No minors allowed at appointments (18+)
- Come with clean skin, and no heavy creams or sunscreen day of
- No working out day of
- No caffeine the day of
- No blood thinners, including painkillers
- Discontinue the use of fish oil or vitamin e at least one week prior
- No filler or injections 3 weeks prior to the procedure in the brow area only
- No deep exfoliation 2 weeks prior in the brow area (ex., chemical peel)
- No retinol products, acne treatments, or salicylic acid 4 weeks prior in the brow area
- No antibiotics 2 months prior
Nano Brow Aftercare: How to Care for Your Nano Brows
On average, the healing process after nano brows takes approximately four to eight weeks. The length will depend on age and your body’s natural regeneration process.
- No makeup on the brows for 10 days
- No scratching or picking the brows
- No long hot showers for 10 days, limited to 5-8 minutes
- No use of acid or manual exfoliants
- No use of any topicals other than healing cream on brows
- No sweating in brows for 10 days
- No swimming or sauna for 10 days
- No UV exposure or tanning (after completely healed, please apply sunscreen to your brow)
- No acne products or hydroxy acids
- No laser light therapy
- No facials for 30 days
- No threading, waxing or removal products
Nano Brows Pros and Cons
In life, we often encounter a balance between advantages and disadvantages, and the choices we make are guided by our knowledge and judgment as individuals.
When it comes to nano brows, the same principle applies, with the key factor being the skill of the chosen artist. If you opt for a reputable and experienced artist, the drawbacks become negligible.
For anyone contemplating a cosmetic tattoo, it’s crucial to factor in durability. It’s advisable to avoid falling into the temptation of seeking bargains. Instead, focus on identifying an artist whose consistently outstanding work is your priority, rather than making price the sole deciding factor.
Choosing an artist with subpar skills could result in enduring a suboptimal outcome for an extended period, emphasizing the importance of making a well-informed decision.
- Long lasting results: Beautiful brows for 1-2 years that can be refreshed.
- Pigments: Better than ever before, all natural that yield long lasting color that remains true.
- Shape: Natural look, shape, and definition
- Time saving and convenient
- Affordable: Consider it a long-lasting investment that adds hours of ease to your daily routine
- Long-lasting results: Making it critical consumers do their homework to find an exceptional microblading artist.
- Pigments: Many artists still use substandard pigments. These old-style pigments fade faster or turn blue, purple, or red over time.
- Shape: Artists must perfect their ability to create the perfect eyebrow shape. Nano Brows are relatively permanent, so a bad shape will stick around for a long time.
- Expensive: To some, the upfront cost of nano brows can be daunting. Although this isn’t a true ‘con,’ it’s a valid financial consideration.
Nano Brows Before and After
See the dramatic transformation and natural-looking results you can achieve with this popular beauty treatment.
Why Choose Daela Cosmetic Tattoo?
Daela is a studio of cosmetic tattoo artists who specialize in their craft. They have become known in their industry as true PMU masters.
Our artists love what they do and want to help their clients experience top-notch service. They are passionate about providing the industry’s best available services in permanent makeup.
We offer competitive pricing because setting the standard for customer service, studio cleanliness and quality of artists doesn’t mean you have to over-pay!
The progression never ends, and it shows. This studio offers the industry’s most sought-after cosmetic tattoo services.
DAELA has served over 17,000+ clients and earned 1,300+ 5-star reviews. It’s easy to see how the clients of DAELA Cosmetic Tattoo feel.
Check out our locations to see the nearest Daela Cosmetic Tattoo Studio and reserve your appointment.
Nano Brow FAQs
Learn More About Machine Nano Brows
Do Nano Brows Look Natural?
Absolutely! When done with skill, the hairlike strokes are undetectable from your natural brow hairs.
Are Nano Brows a Tattoo?
Yes, all permanent makeup procedures are tattoos. They do however fade over time, allowing for touchups and refreshes.
Are Nano Brows Safe?
Yes! Permanent Makeup is safe and involves minimal pain and no downtime. Make sure your artist follows health and safety rules and regulations.
Are Nano Brows Permanent?
Cosmetic tattoos are referred to as ‘semi-permanent’ or ‘permanent.’ The time the cosmetic tattoo results last has a lot to do with the unique individual receiving the tattoo, as well as the types of inks used and the technique of the artist.
How Long Do Nano Brows Last?
The depth of the needle stroke can make a difference in the clarity of the hair stroke and the longevity of the tattoo. When done correctly, microblading should last 2-3 years. Nano Brows can be refreshed when they fade.
How Much Do Nano Brows Cost?
Machine Nano Brows range in price, around the nation, from $800-$1300. They require more time in the treatment chair, bringing their expense higher than traditional microblading.
Does the Nano Brow Procedure Hurt?
The pain is minimal. Most artists use a topical numbing cream on the brow area.
They also apply more numbing throughout the process, resulting in nominal pain, easily tolerated. If you have concerns about your pain tolerance level, communicate with your artist. They’ll ensure you remain comfortable during the microblading procedure.
Most clients tell us that, when comparing nano brow pain vs tattoo pain, nano brows are a lot less painful.
How Long Do Nano Brows Take to Heal?
There is no downtime after nano brows.
You can go about your life with just a few simple care instructions.
The actual healing process takes about 3 weeks.
You can expect flaking or peeling skin in the tattoo area.
Your brows will also darken, lighten, and darken again through the healing process.
Do Nano Brows Ruin Your Eyebrows?
No, they do not damage your brow hairs or cause future hair loss. It is a cosmetic tattoo procedure that will reduce the appearance of thinning brows and amplify your natural shape!
When Can I Wash My Eyebrows after Nano Brows?
Here are some basic aftercare washing guidelines for machine nano brows:
Day 1: For the first 24 hours, let your brows relax. Do not get them wet or apply moisturizer.
Days 2-7: Wash daily to remove bacteria, buildup of product and oils, and dead skin. (don’t worry, this does not remove the pigment!)
Gently wash your eyebrows each morning and night with water and an antibacterial soap like Cetaphil or Neutrogena.
With a very light touch, use your fingertips to gently cleanse the eyebrows. Rub the area in a smooth motion for 10 seconds and rinse with water to ensure all soap is rinsed away.
To dry, gently pat with a clean cotton pad. Do not use any cleansing products containing acids (glycolic, lactic, or aha), or exfoliants.
Days 1-7: Moisturize. Apply a rice grain amount of aftercare ointment with a cotton swab and spread it across the treated area.
Be sure not to over-apply, as this will suffocate your skin and delay healing. The ointment should be barely noticeable on the skin.
Never put the ointment on a wet or damp tattoo.
How Long After Nano Brows Can I Wear Makeup?
Makeup should not be applied to the brow area itself for 10 days after the procedure, and the goal is that you won’t need to!
You can apply makeup to your eyelashes, just take care in removing the makeup not to get your makeup remover in the brow area.
If you are worried about this, maybe just skip the mascara for 10 days.
Where to Get Nano Brows Done?
Enhance your natural eyebrows with our trusted Nano Brow services.
There are multiple DAELA Cosmetic Tattoo studios to choose from.
DAELA has over 17,000 customers and has earned over 1,300 5-Star Reviews on GOOGLE and YELP.
Check out our locations to see the nearest DAELA Cosmetic Tattoo Studio and reserve your appointment.