DAELA Cosmetic Tattoo is pleased to offer this complete set of guidelines for before and aftercare for Freckles & Beauty Marks.
Freckles & Beauty Marks Before and Aftercare
Before Your Freckles & Beauty Marks Tattoo Session:
To undergo freckles and beauty marks tattooing, please ensure the following conditions are met:
- You cannot be pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
Two Months Prior to Your Freckle Appointment:
- Avoid taking antibiotics in the two months leading up to your appointment.
Two to Four Weeks Prior to Your Freckle Appointment:
- Refrain from using retinol products, acne treatments, or salicylic acid on the area to be treated for four weeks before your appointment.
- Avoid deep exfoliation treatments, such as chemical peels, in the treatment area for two weeks prior to your appointment.
- Abstain from receiving filler or injections in the area to be treated for three weeks prior to your appointment.
One Week Prior to Your Freckle Appointment:
- Avoid sauna sessions and tanning.
- Discontinue the use of fish oil and Vitamin E.
- Refer to our FAQ about blood thinners. It is recommended to stop taking blood thinners according to the suggested guidelines. If you are on prescribed blood thinners, consult your doctor and inform us of their advice.
Twenty-Four Hours Prior to Your Freckle Appointment:
- Abstain from consuming alcohol.
- On the day of your appointment, avoid caffeine.
- Ensure there are no acne spots, cuts, or open wounds in the area to be treated.
- Do not engage in intense workouts on the day of your appointment.
- Arrive with a makeup-free face.
Freckles & Beauty Marks Aftercare:
- For the initial 24 hours (Day 1), allow the skin to rest and do not wash or bathe the treated area.
- From Days 2 to 7, cleanse the area daily to remove bacteria, product buildup, oils, and dead skin without affecting the pigment.
- Gently cleanse your face twice a day with water and an antibacterial soap like Cetaphil or Neutrogena, using a light touch and fingertips for 10 seconds. Rinse thoroughly with water, ensuring all soap is rinsed away. Pat dry with a clean cotton pad. Avoid cleansers with acids or exfoliants.
Days 1 to 7:
- Apply a small amount of the provided aftercare ointment using a cotton swab, ensuring even coverage of the treated area. Avoid excessive application, as it can hinder healing. The ointment should be applied when the tattoo is dry, not wet or damp.
- Limit your showers to 5-8 minutes, avoiding excessive steam. Keep the treated area out of the water while washing your body. At the end of your shower, wash your hair to minimize water contact with the area.
Things to Avoid During Healing:
- Refrain from applying makeup to your face for 10 days.
- Do not scratch or pick at the treated area.
- Avoid extended hot showers for 10 days.
- Steer clear of acid or manual exfoliants on the treated area.
- Use only the provided healing cream; avoid other topicals.
- Avoid sweating, swimming, or saunas for 10 days.
- Abstain from UV exposure and tanning.
- Do not use acne products or hydroxy acids.
- Avoid laser light therapy.
- Stay away from facials for 30 days.
- Do not thread, wax, or use removal products on the treated area.
After Your Freckles Have Healed:
- Faux freckle tattoos generally last around 6 months, depending on lifestyle, skin type, and aftercare.
- Apply sunscreen with SPF 50 or higher once fully healed to protect against fading caused by sun exposure or tanning beds.
- Avoid using chemical exfoliants, as they may lead to fading.
- Do not undergo laser treatments near your face, as some lasers may alter the ink color.
- Additional makeup application may be required post-tattoo to achieve your desired look.