Before Your Areola Restoration Appointment:
DAELA Cosmetic Tattoo Studios are dedicated to performing outstanding work, consistently offering great customer services and making sure our customers are well armed with all the information they need to experience the desired end result.
Areola restoration is a transformative procedure, and there are some essential criteria and steps to consider before your appointment:
- Eligibility: You must not be pregnant or breastfeeding, and you must be 18 years or older to undergo 3D Areola Restoration.
- Healing Time: Before scheduling your appointment, make sure you’re at least 12 weeks post-op with fully healed wounds.
- Medication: In the two months leading up to your appointment, avoid taking antibiotics.
One Week Prior to Your Areola Restoration Appointment:
In the week leading up to your appointment, take these precautions to ensure the best results:
- Saunas and Tanning: Steer clear of sauna sessions and tanning to maintain skin health.
- Blood Thinners: If you’re taking blood thinners, refer to our full FAQ for guidance and consult your doctor for their advice on adjusting your medication.
24 Hours Prior to Your Areola Restoration Appointment:
The day before your appointment, prepare your body for the procedure by following these steps:
- Physical Activity: Avoid strenuous workouts, caffeine, and alcohol consumption.
Areola Restoration Tattoo Aftercare:
After your areola restoration, proper aftercare is crucial for optimal results:
- Remove Bandages: Once home, remove the bandages and allow your skin to breathe for the first 48 hours.
- Hand Hygiene: Before touching or washing your tattoos, wash your hands thoroughly.
- Washing: Before bed, gently clean your areolas with lukewarm water and unscented soap or cleanser.
- Aftercare Product: Apply the provided aftercare product in a thin layer after cleaning.
- Repeat: Follow this cleaning and aftercare routine in the morning for the next five days.
- Moisturize: Avoid over-saturating with aftercare balm or lotion but prevent excessive dryness.
After the initial five days, switch to using unscented lotion for the next two weeks, like Lubriderm or Cetaphil.
What to Avoid During the Healing Process:
To ensure your areola restoration heals perfectly, steer clear of the following for the specified durations:
- Scented Products: Do not use scented lotions or tanning lotions for two weeks.
- Skin Irritation: Refrain from scratching, picking, or peeling any dry skin or flakiness.
- Contamination: Keep foreign body fluids away from the tattooed area for the first five days.
- Sweating: Avoid activities that cause extreme sweating for the initial five days.
- Water Exposure: Stay away from swimming pools, hot tubs, or other bodies of water for five days.
- UV Exposure: Avoid UV exposure, including tanning booths, for five days.
- Laser Light Therapy: Go to a laser light show, but don’t undergo laser light therapy near the tattooed area, as it may affect the pigment.
- Chemical Products: Refrain from using exfoliants, retinol acids, glycolic acids, and alpha hydroxy acids on the area for 30 days after the appointment, as they can cause premature fading.
After Your Areola Tattoos Have Healed:
To ensure your areola tattoos remain vibrant and long-lasting, follow these post-healing tips:
- Sun Protection: Apply sunscreen with an SPF of 50 or greater if the area is exposed to the sun or tanning beds.
- Exfoliants: Avoid using chemical exfoliants on the areolas, as they can cause fading.
- Laser Treatments: Stay clear of laser treatments near the areola tattoo area, as they may alter the ink color.
- Maintenance: Be prepared for potential touch-ups after a few years to maintain a fresh, bold, and beautiful look.
By adhering to these before and aftercare guidelines, you can ensure your areola restoration tattoo remains a beautiful enhancement for years to come.