Stretch Mark Camouflage at DAELA Portland
Reduce the look of stretch marks with these great treatment options!
Minimize Stretch Marks!
About Stretch Mark Camouflage
Stretch Mark Camouflage Tattoo: This advanced paramedical tattooing method helps disguise your stretch marks by filling the areas that no longer have color with ink pigments that match your natural skin tone. This treatment is non-invasive and is commonly used for the hips, thighs, buttocks, shoulders, stomach, and breasts.
- Inkless Stretch Mark Serum Treatments: This treatment is an inkless method used to naturally heal your stretch marks and is similar to our Scar Revision Treatment. Your paramedical tattoo artist will use their rotary tattoo machine to lightly needle your stretch marks and then apply a cutting edge stem cell serum, used for skin rejuvenation and tissue regeneration. This is an inkless method that helps to create a production of melanin, naturally filling in the stretch marks with your body’s own color. The serum aids in restructuring and healing, smoothing out the stretch marks and reducing their appearance.
To Learn more about Stretch Mark Camouflage and Inkless Stretch Mark Serum Treatments, take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions just below and then reach out to us!
Stretch Mark Camouflage Pricing
Stretch Mark Treatments:
Stretch Mark Camouflage Tattoo
$450-$750 per session
Inkless Stretch Mark Serum Treatments
$450-$750 per session
- Pricing varies based on the size, location and anatomy of the stretch marks.
- Most treatment plans require 2-3 sessions.
- During your consultation we will determine the number of sessions, time required per session and the cost per session.
- For an email consultation, please fill out the form below and upload photos. Our artists will review the images and give you a price quote which will include all required sessions.
- We require a $250 non-refundable deposit on all appointment bookings. You may reschedule within 48 hours of your appointment. No-show will result in total loss of deposit.
Stretch Mark Camouflage Artist
Get Your Questions Answered!
Stretch Mark Camouflage FAQ's
Are you a good candidate for a stretch mark camouflage tattoo or an inkless stretch mark treatment?
Stretch mark camouflage is not for everyone. Your stretch marks must be white, indicating they're fully healed. If your stretch marks are pink, red, gray, dark, or skin-tone colored, their color will affect the pigments used to disguise the stretch marks. Which means you're not a candidate for stretch mark camouflage. However, you may be a perfect candidate for an Inkless Stretch Mark Treatment.
Will stretch mark camouflage or inkless stretch mark treatment completely remove your stretch marks?
Currently, there isn't a proven method to completely eliminate stretch marks. If you get a stretch mark camouflage tattoo or an inkless stretch mark ttreatment, you'll be able to reduce the appearance. Your stretch marks will be less noticeable to others, but they will still exist on your skin.
Can you get a stretch mark tattoo while pregnant or breastfeeding?
This treatment is not an option if you're pregnant or breastfeeding. But we're excited to do your stretch mark camouflage once you're no longer pregnant or breastfeeding and your stretch marks have healed.
Is this procedure ok for all skin types?
If your stretch marks are fully healed and at least two shades lighter than the surrounding skin, you may be a candidate for stretch mark camouflage. If your stretch marks need help with texture and are not at least two shades lighter than your surrounding skin tone, then you may be a candidate for our inkless treatment.
Can you get a stretch mark camouflage treatment if you've tanned?
You can have the inkless stretch mark serum treatment!
You should not have tanned skin for stretch mark camouflage tattoo.
It's essential to match the tattoo with your natural skin tone color, so it's best if you don't tan before your appointment.
Your artist must be able to create an ink pigment that blends with your natural skin tone.
Will your camouflaged stretch marks change color when you tan?
Stretch mark camouflage is permanent, so it won't change colors while you're tanning. This means your stretch marks will remain your natural skin tone color while the rest of your skin darkens. But don't worry—there won't be a significant contrast to the naked eye.
Does the procedure hurt?
You'll experience some discomfort with this treatment since it's a penetrative procedure, but the pain will be minimal. We offer medical grade numbing if needed.
How long does the procedure take?
How long the treatment takes will depend on the size of the area being treated. On average, it takes 1-3 hours, but you may need to book another appointment if the area being treated is large.
Is there downtime after the treatment?
Usually, there's no downtime after the procedure. With stretch mark camouflage and inkless stretch mark treatment, you can resume your daily activities the same day.
What's the healing process like?
After the treatment, you may notice some swelling or redness, which is common and normal. The swelling can last for 1-3 days, but the redness will reduce over the following three weeks. In fact, you may notice the stretch marks change colors, going from dark to light until your skin heals.
When will you see the final result?
Many factors will determine when you see the final result of your stretch mark camouflage tattoo, including your diet, age, overtones, general health, hormones, and sun exposure. Usually, it takes 2-3 appointments spaced 6 weeks apart.
How long does a stretch mark camouflage tattoo last?
If your aftercare process is good, the stretch mark camouflage tattoo will last around two-five years.
Like other tattoos, a stretch mark tattoo will change as you age because your skin will decrease in melanin production and lose elasticity.
So, at some point, you'll likely need a touch-up.
How long does stretch mark serum treatment last?
Stretch mark serum treatment is a permanent solution to existing stretch marks, but does not prohibit future stretch marks from happening.
Is stretch mark camouflage better than laser treatments?
Laser treatments reduce the appearance of stretch marks by damaging the skin's top layer to kickstart the healing process. But laser treatments are very expensive and don't put color back into your skin.
Stretch mark camouflage tattoo is less expensive than laser treatments and will effectively camouflage the marks.
Before Care: Stretch Mark Camouflage & Inkless Stretch Mark Treatment
Preparing for your appointment is as important as following aftercare instructions.
Here are some things you need to know!
- Before your appointment, buy a cold press to use for your aftercare healing.
- No sauna or tanning 1 week prior
- No blood thinners or pain killers 1 week prior
- No caffeine 24 hours before your appointment
- No alcohol 24 hours before your appointment
- Shower, clean the area being treated.
- Do not put any oils, lotions, or creams on the area being treated on the day of your appointment.
- Wear loose fitting clothing to your appointment.
- Eat before your appointment to promote good feelings and help with your pain threshold.
- Not following these guidelines may result in the need to reschedule your appointment!
After Care: Stretch Mark Camouflage & Inkless Stretch Mark Treatment
Follow the aftercare instructions and use the aftercare products recommended or provided to you by your artist.
- Wear loose fitting clothing to your appointment.
- Apply a cold compress over the top of your clothing on the treated area every 2-4 hours for 10 minutes for the first 2 days to help with swelling and faster healing times.
- Wash your hands first! To keep the area clean: Gently wash with a mild unscented cleanser.
- For at least 5 days avoid vigorous exercise that may cause excessive sweating, and hot environments like saunas/hot tubs/pools or hot showers/baths.
- Do not apply makeup or skincare products on the treated area for 2 weeks.
- DO NOT PICK OR DISTURB THE TREATED AREAS. Picking can cause scarring, extended healing times and undesirable results.
- Refrain from sun exposure and always use an SPF 40 or higher on the treated area when exposed to the sun.
- Do not worry about the area appearing darker and bolder, it will soften and lighten.
- Refrain from microdermabrasion and strong chemical peels in the treated area until completely healed and you have completed all treatments.
- Each client’s skin will respond differently, both in the length of time it takes to heal, and the number of sessions needed for your desired results. This information acts as a guideline only, and we cannot guarantee your results. Every client's treatment plan is unique to their treatment, skin trauma and health history.
DAELA's Paramedical Blog
Interested in learning more about Areola Restoration and Scar Camouflage Treatments?