Experience effortless elegance with permanent eyeliner: Cosmetic tattoo procedures are renowned for their minimal discomfort and quick healing, and eyeliner tattoo is no exception. Following straightforward before and aftercare guidelines is the key to achieving the best-healed results. What makes the healing process intriguing is that, for a brief period, it may seem like the eyeliner isn’t as dark as expected, or even as if it didn’t work at all. Rest assured, as we’ve completed hundreds of eyeliner tattoos, and our expertise tells us that every client goes through similar healing phases. Our top advice? Trust the aftercare instructions, and you’ll adore the final outcome.
How long does it take to heal after eyeliner tattoo?
The healing process typically takes about 3-6 weeks and is relatively straightforward.
6 Stages of Eyeliner Healing
What you can expect during the eyeliner tattoo healing process.
1. Immediate post-treatment
Following the eyeliner tattoo procedure, your eyelids may appear swollen, red, or tender. The tattooed area may also feel slightly itchy or uncomfortable.
- What to do: To alleviate discomfort, apply an icepack wrapped in a soft cloth.
2. First Few Days
The tattooed area will begin to scab and flake off.
- What’s important: Avoid picking at the scabs, as this can disrupt the healing process and impact the final result.
- What to do: Follow any provided ointments or aftercare products as instructed by your tattoo artist or technician.
3. First Week
The scabs will continue to gradually peel off, and the color may appear slightly faded or patchy. The eyelids may still feel sensitive and swollen, and the color may go through a “disappearing stage,” making it look unfinished.
- What to do: Don’t worry; the “disappearing stage” is normal.
4. Second Week
By this point, the scabs should have completely fallen off, and the color will start to appear more vibrant. However, it’s common for the color to still look lighter than the final result due to the healing process.
- What to do: Continue to follow aftercare procedures as instructed by your artist.
5. Third and Fourth Weeks
The color will continue to settle and intensify as the healing progresses. Some minor fading and color loss are normal during this time.
6. Final Result
At the end of the fourth week, the eyeliner tattoo healing process should be mostly complete, and the true color of the eyeliner tattoo will be apparent. Keep in mind that the final result can vary depending on factors such as your skin type, aftercare routine, and the skill of the tattoo artist.
Eyeliner Tattoo Touchup Appointment
Every individual benefits from an eyeliner tattoo touch-up! At week 6, your artist can perfect the work, darkening or boldening the eyeliner, or even adding to it.
Other Tips & Tricks for Healing Eyeliner Tattoo
- During the healing process, follow the aftercare instructions provided by your tattoo artist or technician.
- Avoid excessive moisture, sun exposure, and specific products that may disrupt the healing and preservation of the tattooed area.
- If you experience severe pain, excessive swelling, or signs of infection during the healing process, consult your tattoo artist or seek medical attention promptly.
- Consult with a professional tattoo artist or technician who can provide personalized advice tailored to your unique situation.
4 Styles of Eyeliner Tattoo:
There are four distinct styles of eyeliner tattoo. Some are suitable for all people, while some people may benefit from a specific style!
1. Classic Eyeliner Tattoo:
Classic eyeliner tattoo involves the application of a standard eyeliner shape along the upper and lower lash lines, offering a timeless and defined look.
2. Lash Line Enhancement:
Lash line enhancement focuses on adding pigment to the upper lash line to create the illusion of fuller and darker lashes, enhancing the overall appearance of the eyes.
Lash Line Enhancement
3. Winged Liner:
Winged liner tattoo extends the classic eyeliner design with a dramatic wing or flick at the outer corners of the eyes, adding a stylish and elongated effect.
4. Dusty Shadow Liner:
Dusty shadow liner combines eyeliner with a soft, smoky eyeshadow effect, creating a sultry and smudged appearance that’s perfect for a more relaxed and natural look.
Experience the Transformation at DAELA Cosmetic Tattoo – Your Beauty, Our Expertise.