Welcome to DAELA Cosmetic Tattoos Scar Camouflage Before and Aftercare Guidelines!
Before Your Scar Camouflage Tattoo Session:
To undergo scar camouflage tattooing, please ensure the following conditions are met:
- You cannot be pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
Three Months Prior to Your Scar Camouflage Procedure:
- You should be at least 12 weeks post-op with fully healed wounds before scheduling the scar camouflage tattoo appointment.
Two Months Prior to Your Scar Camouflage Procedure:
- ANTIBIOTICS: The general rule for antibiotics is: You should have finished your antibiotic course for as long as you were on the course before having any tattoo procedure. For example: If you are on a 14-day antibiotic cycle then your appointment should follow no sooner than 14-days after you have completed your antibiotics. If you have a booked appointment and it becomes necessary to take antibiotics, please call us and reschedule using this time frame guideline!
One Week Prior:
- Refrain from engaging in sauna sessions and tanning.
- Refer to our FAQ regarding blood thinners. It is advisable to discontinue blood thinners according to recommended guidelines. If you are on prescribed blood thinners, consult your doctor and inform us of their advice.
One Day Before Your Scar Camouflage Appointment:
- Avoid intense physical workouts on the day of your appointment.
- Refrain from consuming alcohol and caffeine.
Scar Camouflage Aftercare:
- For the initial 48 hours, avoid wearing tight clothing to allow the area to breathe.
- Upon returning home, remove the bandages.
- Ensure your hands are clean before touching the tattoos or washing them.
- Before bedtime, gently cleanse your new tattoos with lukewarm water and unscented soap or cleanser.
- Apply the provided aftercare product in a thin layer after cleaning.
- Repeat this process in the morning and continue for a minimum of 5 days.
- Avoid excessive use of aftercare balm and lotions and prevent the area from becoming overly dry.
- After 5 days, switch to using unscented lotion for 2 weeks, such as Lubriderm or Cetaphil.
Things to Avoid After Your Scar Camouflage Tattoo:
- Refrain from using scented lotions or tanning lotions during the first 2 weeks.
- Do not scratch, pick, or peel dry skin or flakiness.
- Keep foreign body fluids away from or around the tattoo for 5 days.
- Avoid activities that induce heavy sweating for 5 days.
- Steer clear of swimming in pools, hot tubs, or bodies of water for 5 days.
- Stay away from UV exposure, including tanning booths, for 5 days.
- Avoid undergoing laser light therapy, as it can impact the tattoo color.
- Do not use exfoliants, retinol acids, glycolic acids, or alpha hydroxy acids on the area for 30 days after the appointment, as they may lead to premature fading.
- Refrain from receiving massages, facials, or other skin treatments for 5 days.
After Your Scar Camouflage Tattoos Have Healed:
- Sun exposure and tanning beds can cause fading and discoloration of the pigment. Once fully healed, always apply sunscreen (50 SPF or greater) if the area is exposed.
- Avoid using chemical exfoliants on the treated area, as they may lead to fading.
- Do not undergo laser treatments near the tattooed area, as some lasers can alter the ink color.
- Additional touch-ups may be necessary after a few years to maintain a fresh, bold, and 3D appearance.