Master status in permanent makeup requires definition. At DAELA Cosmetic Tattoo, we have exacting standards for our artists. It is critical for our nationwide recognition as the best studio for permanent makeup that we continue to be diligent about housing only the best artists in the industry. Permanent makeup artists may rank themselves as “master artists” based on several factors, including their level of experience, skill, and reputation in the industry.
Master Status Criteria in Permanent Makeup
Here are the criteria we follow at DAELA cosmetic Tattoo that contributes to us considering our team of artists as masters:
1. Permanent Makeup Training and Education:
- Our Master artists have extensive training and education in the field of permanent makeup. This may include completing comprehensive courses, workshops, and certifications from reputable institutions. They also continue to seek advanced training throughout their career.
2. Permanent Makeup Experience:
- A master artist is likely to have either many years of experience in performing permanent makeup procedures or raw, natural talent that propels them to mastery quickly. This ability can’t be undersold, while many are able to learn the technical aspects, not all have the natural ability to understand symmetry, color, and desired end result. Our artists have worked on a wide range of clients and have a deep understanding of different skin types, colors, and the various techniques required for different procedures.
3. Permanent Makeup Portfolio:
- Master artists often have an impressive portfolio showcasing their work. They can demonstrate their expertise through before-and-after photos of their clients. DAELA Cosmetic Tattoo places a high significance on the healed work of our artists, and we maintain exacting standards in this regard. The quality and consistency of their work plays a significant role in how they are perceived in the industry.
4. Client Satisfaction:
- Client feedback and testimonials play a crucial role in ranking an artist as a master artist. Positive reviews, repeat clients, and referrals from satisfied customers can help build a reputation as a top-tier artist. It only takes a moment to see our online reputation to understand that excellence for DAELA does not stop at the actual work being performed, it encompasses the beauty and cleanliness of our studios to our exceptional dedication to customer service, and everything in between. Perform a search for any DAELA Cosmetic Tattoo and look at their YELP and GOOGLE reviews. These reviews speak directly to our service commitment.
5. Awards and Recognition:
6. Continued Learning and Innovation:
- Our master artists stay current with industry trends and constantly improve their techniques. They also contribute to the field through research, publications, or teaching.
7. Permanent Makeup Service Specialization:
- DAELA permanent makeup artists specialize in specific areas, such as microblading, ombre brows, machine nano brows, eyeliner tattooing, or lip tattooing. Mastery in a particular niche contributes to a higher skill-level within that specialization. DAELA customers are confident that they can have all their permanent makeup services done by our team of artists, because each artist specializes in their specific service of choice. A few DAELA artists have achieved mastery in multiple services that are symbiotic, like areola restoration tattoo and scar camouflage tattoo.
- Being professional, ethical, and maintaining high hygiene standards is crucial for a DAELA artist to reach master status. Building trust with clients is a key aspect of being recognized as a master in the field.
9. Mentorship and Training:
- Some master artists become educators and mentors, passing their knowledge and expertise to aspiring artists. Every DAELA Cosmetic Tattoo has at least one Master Artist who leads the entire group of artists as a mentor, collaborator, and quality control observer. Collaboration with other artists is something our entire staff participates in.
10. PMU Industry Involvement:
- Involvement in industry associations, conferences, and events is important to all DAELA artists. Attending conferences, being interviewed by local news channels and featured in publications is something all our artists strive toward.
It’s important to note that the term “master artist” is not an official or regulated title in the field of permanent makeup. It is a self-designation or a recognition by employers, peers and clients based on the artist’s expertise and accomplishments. To verify an artist’s skills and reputation, potential clients can review their portfolio, read client testimonials, and research their training and certifications. You will find plenty of information to support our feeling that all DAELA Artists are masters.